Luxurious yarn with Silk Mohair
At Önling, we love Silk Mohair, and we have a whole selection of lovely and beautiful Silk Mohair yarns that you can choose from. They are all beautiful, but come in different color scales, so it will probably be your color preferences that decide which one will be your favorite.
The yarns are absolutely wonderful in quality, and therefore Silk Mohair has become a very popular type of yarn. Silk Mohair yarn is especially suitable if you are looking for yarns for a shawl or a sweater. With Silk Mohair you get an extremely soft and fluffy quality that you will not find anywhere else.
What is Silk Mohair?
Silk Mohair is a very luxurious yarn made from the finest natural fibers - mohair wool from Mohair goats and silk. Mohair wool is called a diamond fiber for its unique qualities and ability to keep warm, even though it is lighter than other types of wool.
Silk is also a traditional natural fiber, which has long been coveted for its lightness and beautiful shine. The combination of these luxury fibers gives a very light and incredibly soft yarn with a beautiful, characteristic shine. Silk Mohair can be knitted by itself and is often used alone for ultralight shawls - but it can also be combined with other yarns, where it adds softness and a luxurious look.
Silk Mohair is made by several different manufacturers according to a slightly varied recipe. The yarns usually contain most mohair wool between 70% and 75%, and a small amount of silk (ie the remaining 25% to 30%). The yarn is very thin and light with a yardage of approx. 210 meters pr. 25 g
Lots of mohair yarns at Önling
At Önling, we supply different types of mohair yarns to all of Denmark and Europe. We have selected three favorites amongst Silk Mohair yarns, which you will find here:
- Our own sustainable yarn, called Önling No 10, in high quality
- Mulberry silk yarns from Mohair by Canard
- Super Kid Mohair from the Danish knitting brand Isager
At Önling, we absolutely love mohair yarn, because it is one of the softest materials you can get your hands on. The yarn is easy to knit with, and it is super luxurious to be able to knit designs in the beautiful colors with a unique shine. We have written a bit about our experience with mohair yarn, which you can read more about here.
On this page you will find our selection of yarns in the wonderful quality that you get with Silk Mohair yarns. Be inspired by the many different designs, colors and knitting kits in silk mohair. If you want to see more, you can check out our all our knitting patterns, some of which are specifically for silk mohair.
We love mohair yarn! And we are sure that you will do the same. Fantastic quality and an unusually soft yarn type - it's something we cannot get enough of!