Advent Calendar 2022 - Sweater in Fair Isle
Önling's Knitter's Advent calendar is pure indulgence for you and your knitting needles throughout December. This year's big Knitter's Advent project is a Fair Isle sweater, which the Danish knitwear designer Ruth Soerensen has designed especially for Önlings Advent Calendar.
The colours for Advent Calendar #3 is inspired by 12 Danish towns and landscapes, and you get 4 numbered gifts - one for each Sunday in December 🎄
Along the knitting project you'll get a custom gift each Sunday that's befitting for knitters, who have tendency to also like pampering yourself and enjoy cosy times in the sofa.
The price for Advent Calendar #3 is:
Size XS-M $142. You receive yarn, pattern and gifts with a total value of $220
Size L $154. You receive yarn, pattern and gifts with a total value of $231
Size XL-3XL $199. You receive yarn, pattern and gifts with a total value of $276
About the knitting project
The actual pattern and fit of the sweater is a great December surprise, but there are a few things we can tell you without spoiling all the Advent fun:
- You'll be knitting from a diagram with thorough instructions
- The sweater is technically not difficult and you'll get the best result if you knit evenly with two colours.
- The yarn is Önling No 20 - a 100% Shetland Wool yarn
- You can choose your favorit colour combination from 12 different kits. Please be aware each kit is limited in number
- The sweater is knitted on needle size 2,5 mm / US 1.5 and 3 mm / US 2.5 . Knitting needles are not included in the gifts.
XS (S) M (L) XL (2XL) 3XL
Bust circumference: 109 (115) 121 (127) 133 (141) 149 cm // 42.9 (45.3) 47.6 (50) 52.4 (55.5) 58.7 inches
Length back: 57 (59) 60 (60) 62 (62) 62 (64) cm // 22.4 (23.2) 23.6 (23.6) 24.4 (24.4) 25.2 inches
Length under arm (long sleeves): 43 (42) 42 (42) 41 (41) 41 cm // 16.9 (16.5) 16.5 (16.5) 16.1 (16.1) 16.1
Sweateren has a loose - but not oversized - fit. Choose a size with 15-20 cm // 5-7,8" positive ease.
2.5 mm (US 1.5): 40 cm (16") (neckband), 80 cm (32") (lower ribbing) and DPNs, if you don't knit magic loop for sleeve cuffs.
3.0 mm (US 2.5): 60-100 cm (24-40") (top and body size XS-L) og 60-120 cm (24-47") (top and body size XL/2XL/3XL) and DPNs, if you don't like to knit magic loop fpr the sleeves.
About the gifts
Yet again, Katrine Hannibal has made a great effort to design and choose a handful of really nice gifts for the Advent calendar. They are choosen for knitters who like to paper oneself and spread some coziness throughout december.
Some gifts are specially produced for the Advent calendar and will not be released until 2023.
Colours: 12 beautiful Danish yarn kits with yarn from Scotland
The project is knitted inn Önling no 20 100% Shetland Wool. You get a nice, warm scarf designed for wearing out doors.
12 beautiful yarn kits have been curated with inspiration from Danish towns and landscapes. You'll find the moors in Jutland in #4 Viborg, the apple orchards of Funen in n#5 Bogense and the characteristic colours of historical, Danish buildings in #9 Ribe and #10 Svaneke.
The pictures of yarn swatches are inspiration that give you a clear indication of the colour scheme. The shown yarn balls are main colours. The pictures don't show what the project actually looks like - they are inspiration for your colour choice.
Please be aware number of each kit is limited.
Presentation of knitwear designer Ruth Soerensen
Fair Isle is one of the Shetland islands and is famous for the colour knitting technique. Ruth Soerensen designs knitwear within the fair Isle tradition, which means it's not just 'stranded knitting', but also with a strong regard to colour combinations, symbols and a certain variation throughout the pattern.
- The pattern is a digital PDF file. Every Friday you'll receive this week's part of the pattern. Read more about digital patterns here. Please make a profile in our webshop - then it's always easy for you to re-find your patterns.
- Advent calendars are shipped late October
- If you want to order a Advent calendar for someone else, you just order it in using your own details and let us know which mail to ship the pattern to before the 20th of November.