Advent Calendar 2022 - Large scarf in Fair Isle
Önling's advent calendar for knitters is pure indulgence for you and your needles throughout December. Advent Calendar #2 is a scarf in Fair Isle knitting designed by Danish knitwear designer Ruth Soerensen. The colours are inspired by 12 Danish towns and landscapes.
Together with the yarn for the knitting project you'll receive a handpicked gift each Sunday, produced especially for knitters, who likes pampering and enjoys cosy knitting 🎄
When you receive the Advent box it contains 4 numbered gifts - one for each Sunday in December. The pattern is digital and will land in your inbox every Friday.
The price for our advent calendar is $109,- but you get yarn, gifts and patterns for a total value of $174,- You save 37%
About the knitting project
It's of course all very hush-hush, as we cannot tell you exactly what the Fair Isle project looks like. But what we can tell you is:
- The project can be knitted by all knitters, who are experienced with or want to try Fair Isle knitting.
- You knit from a diagram and everything is carefully explained
- If you knit around 1 hour a day most days we estimate that an intermediate knitter can finish the project before Christmas
- You'll be knitting with Önling No 20 Shetland Wool
- You can choose from 12 colour kits and please be aware that there limited amounts of kits in each colot
- Please make sure you have circular knitting needles US size 2,5 / 3 mm (16 or 32" // 40 or 80 cm) ready. Needles are not included.
About the gifts
Yet again, Katrine Hannibal has made a great effort to design and choose a handful of really nice gifts for the Advent calendar. They are handpicked for knitters and we believe they will bring joy and spread coziness throughout december.
Some gifts are specially produced for the Advent calendar and will not be released until 2023.
Colours: 12 beautiful Danish yarn kits with yarn from Scotland
The project is knitted in Önling no 20 100% Shetland Wool. You get a nice, warm scarf designed for wearing outdoors.
12 beautiful yarn kits have been curated with inspiration from Danish towns and landscapes. You'll find the moors in Jutland in #4 Viborg, the apple orchards of Fyn in #5 Bogense and the characteristic colours of historical, Danish buildings in #9 Ribe and #10 Svaneke.
The pictures of yarn swatches are inspiration that give you a clear indication of the colour scheme. The shown yarn balls are main colours. The pictures don't show what the project actually looks like - they are intended as inspiration for your colour choice.
Please be aware that there are limited amounts of each color combination...
We have to keep some secrets, right? The final measurements of the scarf is a surprise but we can tell you it's a one-size medium-sized project designed for outdoor use.
Presentation of knitwear designer Ruth Soerensen
Fair Isle stems from the Shetland islands and is famous for the colour knitting technique. Ruth Soerensen designs knitwear within the fair Isle tradition, which means it's not just 'stranded knitting', but also with a strong consideration of colour combinations, symbols and a certain variation throughout the pattern.
- The pattern is a digital PDF file. Every Friday you'll receive this week's part of the pattern. Read more about digital patterns here. Please make a profile in our webshop - then it's always easy for you to re-find your patterns.
- Advent calendars are shipped late October
- If you want to order an advent calendar for someone else, you just order it using your own details and let us know which email to send the pattern to before the 20th of November.